100 Million Ryanair Passengers in 2015
Ireland's budget airlines Ryanair transported over 100 million international passengers in 2015. It has become the first airline in history to reach this mark. Other airlines in Europe and America have surpassed this mark, but with domestic flights. The airlines predicts that the numbers will go up even further, possibly to 150 million by the end of the decade.
Ryanair is currently expanding its route network to new international destinations. It will also return to Belfast Airport, from where it will fly to London Gatwick four times a day.It also plans to increase its Dublin to London Gatwick service to 7 times a day.
Recently Ryanair has been making more money through lower fuel costs. Fares have also gone down as a result. The company has offered cheaper tickets after the Paris attacks in November, getting more people to travel in the season before Christmas.December traffic was up 25% compared to the same month last year.
In 2015 the average fare was €45 . Chief executive Michael O'Leary says it can be cut down to 25 € in the future.
Ryanair has managed to fly its airplanes at almost full capacity. In December almost 90% of all airline seats were sold. The budget airlines is also attracting more and more business passengers by making boarding quicker.
- Budget Airlines
- Airbus A-380 - The Largest Plane in the World
- Child-Free Flights in the Future?
- Pilot - A Dream Job?
- attract =here: to make something interesting for customers
- average = normal
- boarding = to get on a plane as a passenger
- budget airline =airline that sells cheap tickets but does not give passengers the service that other airlines have
- chief executive = the boss of a company
- compared to = to show how two or more things are different
- currently = at the moment , right now
- cut down = reduce
- decade = ten years
- destination = place where passengers are going
- domestic = here: flights that stay in the same country
- even further = more
- expand = to make bigger
- fare = ticket price
- fuel = liquid made from oil that makes a car, plane , train etc.. move
- full capacity = here: to sell all of the seats in a plane
- increase = go up
- manage = to succeed in doing something
- mark = here :limit, number
- offer = here: sell
- possibly = maybe
- predict = to say that something will happen
- reach = get to
- recently = only a short time ago
- surpass = to be even better or greater
- traffic = here: flights