Future of advertising with digital technology
Technology has become an essential part of our daily routine, which we cannot live without. It’s everywhere and accompanies us everywhere we go. People communicate with each other in many ways. Digital technology, in the form of smart phones, web-based television and tablet PCs, is changing the world for advertisers.
A few decades ago advertising was much simpler. Advertising agencies concentrated on print media, television and radio to get their message across to the consumers. This has changed today. People are concentrating on digital media and advertising has to move there.
More and more people do not only watch commercials on TV but also see ads on their smartphone or tablets. Modern television is turning into a powerful computer that has access to the Internet. People can play games or watch interactive videos.
Consumers today can chose to interact with ads in a new way. They can take part in surveys or feedbacks or just switch them off if they want to. They can also promote a brand by suggesting how good a product is to other people. Social media networks like Facebook and Twitter also play a part in a global advertising strategy.
People also want relevant ads on their screens. While browsing the internet for information on washing machines it would be helpful for such ads to pop up. Internet users click on ads more often if they look for information or want to buy something.
Advertisers of the future face a great challenge: using new technology to form new relationships with customers and create new business models.
Advertising in the future will focus on the smartphone - Glogger
- Smart TV
- Companies Advertise on Social Media Networks and Search for Customers Online
- Business Videos Conquer the Internet
- The Internet
- access = right to use
- accompany = go with
- advertise = to tell people about a product or a service you want to sell
- agency = company
- brand = product
- browse = to search through the internet for information
- challenge = a very difficult job or task
- commercial = advertisement on TV or radio
- concentrate = focus on
- consumer = a person who buys something
- decade = ten years
- digital = system in which information is recorded as numbers, usually ones and zeros
- essential = very important
- get a message across = to make someone understand what you want
- global =worldwide
- interact = to get into contact with
- print media = newspapers and magazines
- promote = to make well-known
- relationship = connection, friendship
- relevant = about the subject that is shown
- routine = habit; what we do every day
- social media network = web platform, like Twitter or Facebook, where you can communicate with friends and share information and photos with them
- survey = a number of questions that you ask people in order to find out what they think and how they behave
- web-based = here: television with a web browser