Star Wars - The Force Awakens
Star Wars - The Force Awakens is the most recent film in the Star Wars franchise. The new science fiction classic was released for the Christmas movie season in Los Angeles. It is the first film of the series in a decade.
Critics around the world judge The Force Awakens as a typical Star Wars film. It gives the audience what it wants : adventures on new worlds , special effects and new characters, even though some of the old ones, including Harrison Ford as Han Solo are back on the screen.
The 7th movie of the franchise was directed by J.J. Abrams, who was also responsible for the success of other action-packed movies, including Star Trek and Mission Impossible III . Abrams knows how to deliver characters and scenes that the audience expects .
The story takes place 30 years after Star Wars Episode VI : The Return of the Jedi. The storyline , like all the other films in the series, deals with the fight between good and evil. It is full of twists and turns. Many critics say that it is the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy began in 1977.
Almost everything about the new film was kept secret until the opening . Not even the actors knew everything about the plot because the film's producers wanted to keep up the suspense in order to drive the audience to the cinema to find out.
Star Wars comes with a set of memorabilia - books, comics, posters , as well as weapons and other toys.
Even though the film has only started to be shown around the world, it isn't difficult to predict that The Force Awakens is going to become another Star Wars success.
- action-packed = full of action
- audience = the people who watch the film at the cinema
- character = film role
- critic = here: person who watches the film and writes about what is good and bad about it
- deals with = is about
- decade = ten years
- deliver = here: give the audience what it wants
- direct = to give the actors and cameramen instructions on what to do
- even though = while
- evil = everything that is bad
- franchise = here: series of films with the same name
- including = also
- judge = to give your opinion on something; say what you think about it
- keep up = here: to stay at a high level
- memorabilia = things that you collect because they are connected with a famous film or book
- plot = storyline; what the film is about
- predict = to say what will happen in the future
- recent = latest, last in the series
- release = to show to the public
- responsible = in control, in charge of
- secret = if nobody knows about something
- storyline = plot; what the story is about
- success = when you achieve what you wanted; here: a film that was very good and made a lot of money
- suspense = an excited feeling because you do not know what will happen next
- trilogy = three films that make up a series
- twists and turns = unexpected things that happen
- weapon = something that you use to fight with or attack someone with