Disney's New Jungle Book Starts in Cinemas
A new version of Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book has been released to the cinemas. Many remakes of the famous storyteller's adventures have hit the big screen , but the new film is the most spectacular ever, a treat for children and adults alike. The new Disney film is completely computer-animated with only one human actor. Neel Sethi, who plays Mowgli, has never acted before and was chosen out of 2000 auditioners.
The story is based on both Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book and Walt Disney’s animated film of the 1960s . Mowgli is a child who is taken into the jungle and raised by animals after he is separated from his family.
He is looked after by a panther named Bagheera and brought up by a pack of wolves. The boy is threatened by a tiger called Shere Khan , who thinks that Mowgli will be a danger to the animals when he gets older.
Together with his friends , Mowgli sets out on exciting new adventures in which he meets exotic creatures. All the scenery and the jungle animals are computer animations. According to the film's director, Jon Favreau, over 100 000 images of India were taken and blended into the film.
Even though only one person stars in the Jungle Book , famous actors were hired as voices of the jungle animals. Ben Kingsley is the narrator and caretaker Bagheera, Scarlett Johansson the snake Kaa and Christopher Walken is the ape, King Louie.
- according to = as said by ...
- animated = moving pictures created by a computer
- ape = large monkey
- auditioner = an actor or singer shows if they are fit for a role
- based on = where something comes from
- big screen = here: cinema
- blend = mix
- bring up = educate, raise, show how life is in the real world
- caretaker = someone who looks after a person
- computer-animated = made by a computer
- creature = living thing
- director = person who is in charge of a film and tells the actors how to play their parts
- even though = while
- exotic = unusual and exciting
- hit = here: come to
- hire = to get someone to do a certain job
- human = person
- narrator = person who tells the story
- pack = group of animals that live and hunt together
- raise = bring up
- release = to show to the public for the first time
- remake = to create something new , based on an early version
- scenery = landscapes
- separate = here: not be a part of
- set out = start a long journey
- spectacular = very exciting and great
- threaten = to be a danger to
- treat = a special experience or event