Beatles Release Music on Streaming Websites
The Beatles have decided to release their music on the most popular streaming websites. The music was made available on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play and others starting on Christmas Eve. At last, fans of the Fab Four are able to listen to 13 studio albums and a total of over 200 songs.
For a long time The Beatles and other musicians, among them Tailor Swift and Adele, have been ignoring streaming music sites. Music experts say that bringing The Beatles to such websites will change the industry altogether. The group are the most important band that have not been available on streaming services until now.
For a long time The Beatles' record label was worried that making their music available in digital stores would be bad for their popularity. In 2010 the band finally allowed their albums to be downloaded from Apple's iTunes store.
Music fans around the world have been waiting for this special moment in music history. As more and more music lovers are turning to streaming services to listen to music , bands have become aware of how important being available on such sites is. Currently, streaming services make over 2 billion dollars in sales every year. They account for a third of all digital music sales. Earlier this year AC/DC, another one of history's great rock bands, also made their music catalogue available to streaming services.
The Beatles are without a doubt the biggest selling pop group in history.The most influential band of the 1960s separated in 1970 . Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are the only living members of The Beatles. John Lennon was shot dead in New York in 1980 and George Harrison died of cancer in 2001.
- The Beatles - Fab Four From Liverpool
- Beatles' Music on ITunes At Last
- Society and Life in the 1960s
- Rolling Stones – Still Rocking and Rolling at 50
- Abbey Road Crossing Becomes National Heritage Site
- Samsung Starts Music Streaming Service MILK
- Streaming Music Earns More Money Than Downloads
- account for = to be a part of something
- available = to be bought or found easily
- aware = you know that a situation exists
- billion = a thousand million
- cancer = disease in which cells in your body grow in an uncontrolled way
- currently = right now, at the moment
- digital store = place where you can buy music and download it onto your computer, tablet or mobile phone
- ignore = not care about something
- influential = here: to have a big effect on music
- musician = a person who makes music or sings
- popular = liked by many people
- popularity = situation in which people like someone or something very much
- record label = company that produces music
- release = here: to make public, so that everyone can listen to it
- sales = selling a product
- separate = split up
- service = here: website
- streaming = you play sound or a video on your computer while it is being broadcast over the internet; you do not have to wait until the whole song or video has been downloaded
- without a doubt = something that is completely true