Diabetes - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
About 200 million people all over the world suffer from a disease called diabetes. Sometimes people don’t even know that they have it because they you can’t see any symptoms. But if you don’t treat it it may cause health problems and sometimes may even be deadly.
Diabetes happens when the body has too much sugar in it. It is the energy we need and comes from the food we eat. Normally, a hormone called insulin regulates how much sugar the body needs.
There are two type of diabetes. Type 1 normally occurs when people are young or are becoming adults. Some cells in the body are destroyed and it cannot produce any more or not enough insulin.
Type 2 is the most common type of diabetes. Adults have problems changing food into energy. It usually starts at around the age of 30. The older you get the higher the risk is of getting diabetes.
Diabetes patients must inject insulin daily
People who have diabetes are often very thirsty and they urinate a lot. Your skin can become dry and and you may get very tired. Diabetes can lead to heart diseases, kidney problems and may even cause death.
Doctors do not know exactly what causes diabetes . If your parents or grandparents have it you also have a higher chance of getting it. Overweight and not enough exercises can also put you at a higher risk. High blood pressure may also lead to diabetes.
How to Treat Diabetes
People who have Type 1 diabetes must get insulin every day. Usually they inject it into their body. Older people who have Type 2 diabetes can control it by eating healthy food and doing a lot of exercise.
- High Blood Pressure - A Silent Killer
- Blood Pressure Drugs For All Patients ?
- Mexico's Tax on Sugary Drinks
- Denmark's Fat Tax
- Obesity Threatens Women's Health in Great Britain
- Obesity Around the World Continues to Rise
- Physical Fitness
- blood pressure = the force with which blood travels through your body
- cause = lead to
- common = happening often
- diabetes = a disease in which there is too much sugar in your blood
- insulin = something that your body produces that turns sugar into energy
- kidney = one of two organs in your back that takes bad things out of your blood and makes urine
- regulate = control
- suffer = to feel pain
- symptom = a sign that you have a health problem or illness