Women Are Better at Dealing With Money Than Men
An international survey has found out that women are better at managing money than men. They work harder to become financially independent and they are not as likely to get into debt as men.
The survey showed that both men and women think the same. Almost 5,000 men and women in 12 countries were asked.
Although 40% of women said they used credit cards most of them thought that having more than one credit card could lead to financial problems. On the other side most women admitted that they spent more than men.
The results of the survey could help companies understand the needs of women because they live longer and usually have less money when they retire. Women who share their money with their husband often suffer more when a relationship ends. Some of them have saved up money if they get into such a situation, other simply don't care.
About 6 out of every 10 women said they were financially independent. However almost half thought that a man should be responsible for paying the mortgage or house payments.
- survey = a statistical study that shows numbers on a topic
- manage = handle
- independent = you don't need anyone else
- debt= the money that you owe to someone
- lead to = cause
- admit = to agree that something is true
- needs = things that a person has to have in order to live
- retire = to stop working ebcause you have become too old
- share = to have something with someone eklse
- relationship = a marriage or just living together
- responsible = in charge of , its someone's job
- mortgage = the money that you borrow from a bank so that you can pay for your house; you pay back a certain amount every month